Have you ever had a challenging day and some random person in your path gave you a nice, warm, friendly smile?
How did that make you feel? I know for me, that can actually be the one thing that makes my day. It makes you feel good deep down inside and it's contagious too. It almost automatically makes you smile right back which in turn makes you feel even better.
So is it really true that great power lies in YOUR SMILE? Believe it or not, there are endless benefits to smiling for YOU and for those you come in contact with.
Here are 11 reasons to smile that I found from Huffington Post:
1) Smiling improves your mood. Not only does our smile communicates our mood, it has the ability to influence our mood too.
2) Even fake smiles can do the trick! I knew that question would come up, what if I don't feel like smiling? Some research have found that faking a smile can actually help you feel better.
3) Smiling helps to reduce stress. There are countless studies that prove that smiling does help reduce stress. So if you are stressed out, SMILE more. :)
4) Smiling makes you more approachable. Whether its a job interview, meeting a date for the first time or just shopping around in the store, smiling gives off a positive vibe that makes your more approachable to others around you.
5) Smiling makes you appear more trust worthy. Ever wonder why models & sales agents smile? It makes them appear more trust worthy, thus increasing sales.
6) Smiling actually retrains your brain for the better. You may be wondering, is this even possible. Yes! According to Shawn Achor, the author of The Happiness Advantage, by making smiling a part of our everyday practice, we help our brains create happiness loops that encourage more positive-thinking patterns.
7) Smiles are contagious! According to neuroscientist Marco Iacoboni, we all posses something called mirror neurons, cells in the premotor cortex and inferior parietal cortex that are activated when we perform a given action as well as when we witness someone else performing it. And when it comes to smiling, mirror neurons respond to the acts of both seeing and doing.
8) Smiles may strengthen the body on a cellular level. When you are cells are happy, you are happy and creates a sense of overall well-being.
9) Smiling boosts your productivity. The benefits of putting grin on your face can affect your overall mood, but studies have shown that it can make your more productive!
10) Smiles makes you more creative. Need inspiration? Smile more. :)
11) Smile are FREE! And it only can create benefits for you and others. Take advantage of this power within to create happiness.
During this season of giving - do yourself and others a great benefit. SMILE! It will do YOU and those you come in contact with good!
Be Blessed & Inspired Always,
LT Turner Jr
P.S. Missed My Last Blog? No problem.
You can access it here: "What is Inspiration?"
Subscribe To My Blog
Get My Latest Posts via email!
Visit My Site for Personal Growth:
Discover tools to help you achieve success in the
four quadrants of your life: Spiritual, Health/Well-Being,
Financial, & Business!
Would you like to be a Guest Blogger on my Blog?
Please email me for more details: LTJR7music@gmail.com
This blog may contain affiliate links. Click here to view my Affiliate Disclosure.
Thank you for your support!
If this blog has blessed or inspired you..
Please share the love!